Friday, October 08, 2010

JB II

As I said the other day, the J&B reading went well. That doesn't mean I was entirely satisfied with the play as-is. There needs to be a section right before the big finale of the last 3 pages - more of a build-up. And there needs to be more funny stuff. But at least the basic structure is solid and I have an ending that I like. That's some important stuff.

Part of the problem though is that only the second act was read on Tuesday, and so I didn't have a good sense of how the first and second acts fit together, which might be critical for the re-write. I have plans now to have a reading/holiday party in December and do a full-length reading then. Since it's theatre-related, I think I can write the entire thing off as a business expense. Wheee!

Act II part a