Friday, August 19, 2011

hot tasty Boudain Balls



I don't know how many times I must have passed this New Orleans-themed restaurant Sugarfreak without noticing it - it's right down the street from me. I probably didn't notice because they don't have their name displayed very prominently. But my daughter and her girlfriend took me out for dinner there last night, and it's very good. Their big speciality is Boudain Balls, which come in either pork or crawfish varieties. I had the crawfish, so these Balls basically tasted like crab cakes. Which is fine with me, I like crab cakes.

New Orleans cuisine is one of the few regional cuisines I have some familiarity with, having been to New Orleans twice - once for a Microsoft conference and once for an anthropology conference. Good times. This was all before Hurricane Katrina, so I don't know how much it's changed since I was there. But I'm guessing the food is pretty much the same.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!