Wednesday, September 21, 2011

but with a name like that...



I had a glass of Infamous Goose Sauvignon Blanc last night. But not while I was blogging about how the Man is keeping me down. When you are blogging about how the Man is keeping you down, you have to be sharp, alert and you need both hands to type.

Also, I sipped the wine, I did not guzzle it.

I actually bought the wine for the next NYCPlaywrights meeting because many actors, it turns out, like to drink. But I thought it wouldn't hurt to taste-test it.

I must agree with Gary and Allison:
This is a very drinkable, with characteristic citrus fruit (a bit heavy on the grapefruit notes) with fresh herb and grass with a finish of mineral and acidity. And it is $8.99 a bottle.

However, so are a lot of other New Zealand sauvignon blancs. There really is nothing to make this stand out from the crowd.

It really is good, it just is not memorable.

I especially agree about the heavy on the grapefruit. But I didn't read the review before I bought this - I confess I got it for the label alone. How could you not buy wine named "The Infamous Goose"?