Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Julia & Buddy 2014

I get knocked down, but I get up again, you're never going to keep me down...
So thanks to financial and medical issues (and financial issues caused by medical issues) I wasn't able to produce JULIA & BUDDY for 2013. Now that some of the issues have been resolved and my health is fine it's time to try again.

The artwork on the left is pretty much unchanged since the last version except for more and smaller stars and a new tag line - I replaced "sex" with "dysfunction" - story of my life. But also, although sex is very much fundamental to the play, there is nothing explicit and I didn't want to lose potential audience members due to fear of too much on-stage sexytime.

It's clear that my graphic approach to this image is extremely influenced by New Yorker cover artist Heidi Goenel - which is no surprise, I love her look which I talk about here. Although I have so much empty space in part so that I can put information about the production, like location, dates/times, cast, etc. Goenel's art remains pure and empty so that you can wallow in the vast, intense hue-osity of it all.